Welcome to the Institut Roquetes

Welcome to the teacher's page for the Institut Roquetes, this page is your starting point for getting to know us and our students.
We are participating in VAGAB, Values Across Generations and Borders which is a Comenius Project. You can see here on our homepage links to the pages of our partners and also to the blogs our own students have prepared.

Have a look around and explore!

Wednesday 12 May 2010

Hi, we are the teachers from Roquetes

Hi, we are the teachers from Roquetes in Catalunya Spain. There are three teachers involved directly in the VAGAB project. We are Huw, Salomé and Guillem. Let us present ourselves.

My name is Huw Edwards-Westlake. I am the coordinator for VAGAB in Spain but, as you probably have thought, I am not Spanish, I am English from London. I came to live in Spain twenty-one years ago and I started working here in Roquetes five years ago.

















My name is Salomé, I am from Tortosa which is the city next to Roquetes. I studied filologia Anglo-Germanica in the URC in Tarragona. I have taught English in many different centres and have been in Roquetes for the last three years. I like singing and mountain climbing, two years ago I participated in an expedition to climb the Aconcagua in South America.














As many of you now know Guillem has now left our school and so, unfortunately, is no longer taking part in the Comenius project.  (My name is Guillem and I am from Denia, a small city south of Valencia. I am not an English teacher, I teach music. My preferred instrument is the trombone. I have been in Roquetes for the last four years and I run the school orchestra STOP.)

No comments:

Post a Comment